The East Ohio Building, former headquarters of the East Ohio Gas Company, is being transformed by Berardi+ through adaptive re-use planning to include 223 luxury apartment dwelling units. The 21 story building, completed in April 1959 is most recognized as being the second modern office building constructed in Cleveland. Habitable space will include greater than 250,000 square feet. The building was originally designed by Emery Roth and Sons of New York. A firm widely known for design of utilitarian office buildings. While the existing plan has undergone a variety of change since its original construction, essential structure permits ease of adaptation for design of housing modules. The East Ohio Building is qualified for State and Historic Tax Credits as it was completed greater than 50 years ago.