The ‘Renaissance Building’ was originally developed at the turn of the last century as part of the Valentine Theatre complex in downtown Toledo. In its first 100 years the building has seen alternating service as offices, a hotel, and offices once again. Prior to our participation in the facilities most recent development, covering an entire city block, the Historic National Registry four story structure included a lobby originally remodeled in the early 1930’s after the fashion of an Old English manor house, dressing rooms for the theater and prop storage for the live stage shows. Redeveloped by National Church Residences as part of a program intended to revitalize downtown Toledo while providing cost effective housing for the elderly. Fully refurnished, the landmark lobby remains in place serving as a keystone entrance for a large dining/community room and semi-commercial kitchen, various street level commercial spaces and an ornately detailed elevator vestibule that serves not only the apartment levels above but the penthouse space housing the operations of a local radio station.
The building exterior scope of work included full brick restoration, window replacement and new single ply EPDM roof. Existing interior units and spaces were retained and altered to provide various activities and socialization areas.