The William Taylor & Sons building on Euclid Avenue was originally constructed in 1909 and was one of the dominate retail establishments in the city. The 481,000 square foot structure includes other building portions which extend South on Prospect Avenue. The current development program includes the complete adaptive reuse of the building for mixed used including primary application as an apartment community, together with retail and commercial spaces. The building is viewed as a shell, therefore all interior spaces and associated mechanical supports were constructed as new systems. The key component of this development is the reconstruction following the National Parks Service requirements for a true historic rehabilitation.